Independence for the children of the nation has a very important meaning that has been free, free not only from one occupation, but also all the invaders who have been, is and will colonize our republic. Free to choose partners and friends, free in cooperation with any nation in the world. Although formally been an independent republic, on an informal basis is not yet free republic. Not free to choose partners and work with other nations. Still a lot of pressure and coercion of a stronger nation economically, politically and militarily that makes it difficult to move. This is often called by political observers as we are not yet independent;)
Independence in a technology standpoint to have the same concept with the nation's independence, although slightly different in implementation. Independence for a technologist, engineer or professional is freedom in the use of technology, methodology and approach in solving any problem. Technology, methodology and approach is not a religion that needs difanatikkan, he is not eternal life in this world. They are human creations that can be eliminated, can be replaced, and can be fixed when it might not be effective and efficient in solving problems.
When 15 years ago the first time using a PC with MS DOS operating system with a sophisticated dosshellnya, I think that with my master it can solve many problems (writing, counting, playing games, etc.). But three years later came Windows 3.1 and allows solving the problem better. Likewise, in 1995 appeared one of Microsoft's operating system even better is Windows 95. And I think that enough with it I can do many things, working on the report, counting, image manipulation, etc.. But again missed. Log campus in Saitama University, all based on Unix (Sun Microsystems). I have to do all the tasks with a text editor called Emacs, writing reports with LaTeX, processing the data with Gnuplot, writing code in C, playing web programming with perl and CGInya. At home because I might not buy Sun's Sparc, I use Linux to continue the assignments. I tried various Linux distributions from Slackware (the era that includes popular), Red Hat, Turbolinux, Debian, Vinelinux, etc..
By mastering MS Windows, Unix, and Linux, I think it's quite mature and my skill area. Since level 2 undergraduate programs at Saitama University (1996), I tried parttime (arubaito) in a variety of Japanese IT companies. I was quite surprised because I have to manage other machines on the outside of it. Various companies also wish that I could manage the Macintosh platform machine (MAC) and BSD Unix. First Macintosh confuses me, eventually became my friend because I decided to use at home as well as Linux distributions Slackwarenya. BSD Unix I use then to various servers on campus. Although this is new to the system operation, maintenance and management of server, I have started to draw the conclusion that the technology developed by a diverse variants. They are each very unique and complementary in the process of solving the problem. Once again, a technology no one can say that a platform is the best in everything. What exists is the best in a side. With the stability of desktop Macintosh, Linux open source and stability in the server, MS Windows in ease of use, BSD in security, etc.. Excess in a side that complements the global community problem solving in the world.
Is cuman operating system problem? Apparently not! In a programming language is like that. When I consider that the language C and Perl enough, because almost all reports and projects on campus using C language and some Perl. I was surprised because the needs of the company I work part time is the language of Java for some projects. Fortunately, I had to get used to in the semester to 4 (early 1997) in the course Computer Graphics. And this self-taught, because the new object-oriented programming is taught at level 3. I also began to replace the habit of Perl with PHP, specifically for web programming because it needs more in situ.
Likewise, I use my hobby notation OMT (Object Modeling Technique) owned by James Rumbaugh in the design of object-oriented, should be changed due to appear UML (Unified Modeling Language), which eventually became the standard proposed by James Rumbauh, Grady Booch and Ivar Jacobson in OMG (Object Management Group): (
The research world has not escaped it, we must be more to read the latest scientific journals to update the information and our knowledge of the various approaches, technologies, methodologies, new formula that has been found by various other researchers in the world. Sometimes with new thinking that we are moving and have to leave the various themes of research that has not really needed by society.
Let us think together, a funny thing when we are shackled by technology. Even if we really like the computer tube, of course we can no longer use it in the current era. Kalapun us against Pascal and QuickBASIC fanatics, we've started having trouble finding the current compiler. Even if we are very good at playing MS DOS, ngoprek dosshell, would be left with a windowing system (X windows, the Mac window, the window style of MS Windows, etc.)
Once again technology, approach, methodology in the form of operating systems, programming languages, software, etc. is just a tool that must be mastered and used for the technologists and professionals to solve problems. He is not eternal, he is not a religion that must be embraced and difanatikkan lifetime. Dependence on a tool is folly. Sophist about tools and cursing each other or defending desperately tool is a futile act.
Independence for a technologist is the freedom and ability in selecting, sorting and using various technologies, tools and approach in solving problems. When we are shackled and forced to use a technology, then it signifies that we are not yet independent, and the need to liberate ourselves Struggle:)
Sure independence higher technology level is when we are no longer as users, but also as a creator of technology. So we no longer need to use encryption technology, especially for the public key that was created Martin Hellman and Adi Shamir, and data compression algorithms (eg, in ZIP format) which is the work of Abraham Lempel and Jacob Ziv. Please note that the four people I just mentioned is Israel
Independence in a technology standpoint to have the same concept with the nation's independence, although slightly different in implementation. Independence for a technologist, engineer or professional is freedom in the use of technology, methodology and approach in solving any problem. Technology, methodology and approach is not a religion that needs difanatikkan, he is not eternal life in this world. They are human creations that can be eliminated, can be replaced, and can be fixed when it might not be effective and efficient in solving problems.
When 15 years ago the first time using a PC with MS DOS operating system with a sophisticated dosshellnya, I think that with my master it can solve many problems (writing, counting, playing games, etc.). But three years later came Windows 3.1 and allows solving the problem better. Likewise, in 1995 appeared one of Microsoft's operating system even better is Windows 95. And I think that enough with it I can do many things, working on the report, counting, image manipulation, etc.. But again missed. Log campus in Saitama University, all based on Unix (Sun Microsystems). I have to do all the tasks with a text editor called Emacs, writing reports with LaTeX, processing the data with Gnuplot, writing code in C, playing web programming with perl and CGInya. At home because I might not buy Sun's Sparc, I use Linux to continue the assignments. I tried various Linux distributions from Slackware (the era that includes popular), Red Hat, Turbolinux, Debian, Vinelinux, etc..
By mastering MS Windows, Unix, and Linux, I think it's quite mature and my skill area. Since level 2 undergraduate programs at Saitama University (1996), I tried parttime (arubaito) in a variety of Japanese IT companies. I was quite surprised because I have to manage other machines on the outside of it. Various companies also wish that I could manage the Macintosh platform machine (MAC) and BSD Unix. First Macintosh confuses me, eventually became my friend because I decided to use at home as well as Linux distributions Slackwarenya. BSD Unix I use then to various servers on campus. Although this is new to the system operation, maintenance and management of server, I have started to draw the conclusion that the technology developed by a diverse variants. They are each very unique and complementary in the process of solving the problem. Once again, a technology no one can say that a platform is the best in everything. What exists is the best in a side. With the stability of desktop Macintosh, Linux open source and stability in the server, MS Windows in ease of use, BSD in security, etc.. Excess in a side that complements the global community problem solving in the world.
Is cuman operating system problem? Apparently not! In a programming language is like that. When I consider that the language C and Perl enough, because almost all reports and projects on campus using C language and some Perl. I was surprised because the needs of the company I work part time is the language of Java for some projects. Fortunately, I had to get used to in the semester to 4 (early 1997) in the course Computer Graphics. And this self-taught, because the new object-oriented programming is taught at level 3. I also began to replace the habit of Perl with PHP, specifically for web programming because it needs more in situ.
Likewise, I use my hobby notation OMT (Object Modeling Technique) owned by James Rumbaugh in the design of object-oriented, should be changed due to appear UML (Unified Modeling Language), which eventually became the standard proposed by James Rumbauh, Grady Booch and Ivar Jacobson in OMG (Object Management Group): (
The research world has not escaped it, we must be more to read the latest scientific journals to update the information and our knowledge of the various approaches, technologies, methodologies, new formula that has been found by various other researchers in the world. Sometimes with new thinking that we are moving and have to leave the various themes of research that has not really needed by society.
Let us think together, a funny thing when we are shackled by technology. Even if we really like the computer tube, of course we can no longer use it in the current era. Kalapun us against Pascal and QuickBASIC fanatics, we've started having trouble finding the current compiler. Even if we are very good at playing MS DOS, ngoprek dosshell, would be left with a windowing system (X windows, the Mac window, the window style of MS Windows, etc.)
Once again technology, approach, methodology in the form of operating systems, programming languages, software, etc. is just a tool that must be mastered and used for the technologists and professionals to solve problems. He is not eternal, he is not a religion that must be embraced and difanatikkan lifetime. Dependence on a tool is folly. Sophist about tools and cursing each other or defending desperately tool is a futile act.
Independence for a technologist is the freedom and ability in selecting, sorting and using various technologies, tools and approach in solving problems. When we are shackled and forced to use a technology, then it signifies that we are not yet independent, and the need to liberate ourselves Struggle:)
Sure independence higher technology level is when we are no longer as users, but also as a creator of technology. So we no longer need to use encryption technology, especially for the public key that was created Martin Hellman and Adi Shamir, and data compression algorithms (eg, in ZIP format) which is the work of Abraham Lempel and Jacob Ziv. Please note that the four people I just mentioned is Israel



No comments:
Post a Comment